TRAVELLING, DISTANCE AND ROUTE
For the well-being of our horses we recommend a total distance of 8 miles for the horse and carriage to travel for Weddings, Proms, Summer Balls, and similar events. This can take more than an hour depending on the route.
The proposed route that the horse and carriage will take is very important and we will plan the route to make sure that the day goes smoothly.
For other less formal, and more local events, such as picnics and tours, fetes etc the horses can remain in harness for up to three hours, providing that they get enough rest and recuperation stops.
Once we arrive, we will need to have space available where we can park and plan for the day’s events. This will include; Parking for the Lorry, and set up for the horses and Carriage. Roughly 7 – 8 car lengths of space. If in a small residential area we will need the option of finding somewhere local to prepare.
Whilst we will try our utmost to fulfill agreed plans, it maybe necessary to only use one horse, or a different carriage. Alternative plans will need to be arranged on a Ad-hoc basis.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The Harnesses, and vehicles are regularly maintained. The Horses are vet checked annually
Individual Risk Assessments will be undertaken for each event attended.
The safety of our customers is essential for each event to run smoothly, and indeed for our overall reputation.
We will ensure at all times the following safety precautions are followed:
- Passengers must remain seated whilst the carriage is in motion.
- We will inform Passengers when to alight to and from the carriage.
- We Will not allow passengers or guests to approach the horses from the rear. The horses wear blinkers and cannot see from the side or rear.
- No smoking around the Horses, or inside the carriage.
- Photography is allowed, but caution will be warned and must be taken when using flash photography.
- We will discourage any sudden noises near the horses.
- We reserve the right to change the route, or waiting position if we believe that people or animals may be at risk.
Jump-up Carriage hire is fully insured, including public liability.
BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATIONS.
If a booking is made six weeks prior to a date of an event, then a 20% non-refundable deposit will be required at the time of booking. If a booking is made within six weeks of the date of an event then the full amount must be paid at the time of booking. No monies will be refunded if the booking is cancelled with four weeks of the date of the event.
If we are notified in writing by either letter or email of cancellation up to two weeks prior to the date of the event, then we will rearrange the booking for a mutually acceptable date.
VALUE ADDED TAX
Jump-Up Carriage Hire is not a VAT registered Business, so our prices do not include VAT.